BNSF Train Layout: Design, Build, Install by T W TrainWorx
From the very beginning, when Roger Farkash received the call from BNSF to design, build, and install a train layout for the 2012 Berkshire Hathaway Shareholder’s Meeting, his creative energies cranked into high gear!
Design, fabricate and outfit a custom, 256 Square Foot, 8’ x 32’ castered table and train layout.
Some of the fun stuff:
- Mountain and elevated theme recognizable asCajonPass & TwoMedicineBridge.
- Remaining table surface divided into industrial sidings and city /small town elements depicting industries serviced by BNSF and/or associates with BH companies.
- Table Base: Eight 4’ x 8’ platforms mounted on steel wagons with 5’ casters.
- Table Top: Aprox. 50 buildings (both standard & custom)
- Video Billboards: Six 7” video billboards mounted and wired.
- Track: approximately 330 feet, switches, bumpers, trestles, bridges and railings.
- Trains: Six engines. Sixty various cars.
- Wiring: track and accessories in modular format for rapid assembly and dismantle.
- Controls: Transformers, wiring and relays with custom rack. Two Lionel Legacy control systems.
- Keep it under wraps until May 5, 2012 debut in Omaha,Nebraska (killer accomplishment for Traindame!)
- “This is a masterpiece!” – Warren Buffet, March 5th, 2012
Check it out…